Skip to main content

Plans change!

This has been a looong week! I definately am ready for a new one to start,whatever it may bring.( I almost am afraid to write that,what if. . . )
We've had fevers,coughs,puking,headaches,grouchy people,people spread all over the house for bedtime trying to avoid the cough-ers. .
I'm tired of crumbs on my new couches that now smell like? ?? . . And SOMEONE left a dying popsicle on the carpet!
We've gone through all my stash of tylenol,cough meds ,we are using ROLLS of tp since i happened to run out of kleenex at this critical time and I'm slathering on Unkers salve on feet and chests. . . and who know if the raw honey/lemon juice/warm water actually does the trick, i choose to think so. It tastes better than the cough meds at least. Did you ever taste Buckleys Cough Mixture? Ohhh,that stuff is nasty. . . Its supposed to do the job if you can stomach it,i gag on it so i can't force my kids to take it.

Needless to say that meant kids out of school for a few days so they were doing homework as they felt better. I was supposed to work at the store 2 of those days so I had to get the other girls to fill in for me. AND i had to cancel our employee supper again,this is the 3rd time! Oh well It'll happen one of these days. . .

This week looks like an extra busy one at the store. Monday is the day for placing two orders that get delivered on Tuesday, Monday evening an order gets dropped that was ordered last week and Wednesday we get a pallet full of bulk food from Dutch Valley! That means the kids are gonna be stopping at the store after school and doing some heavy lifting and sorting out and bagging! Its always fun to see what new stuff we got in and of course the begging to sample :-) We have been really slow this last week which is normal for January and February so hopefully these orders won't take too long to sort through.

We finally got some beautiful snow these last few days! The kids didn't get to enjoy it much yet. Its snowing again tonite so maybe they'll have a chance yet. I get my love of seeing it snow from my mom. I remember as a kid she always said how she loves those wintery days when the snow hung heavy on the branches ,made you want to go knock the snow off just to have it fall down your back. Shivers. . . .
I love the peaceful quiet of snow falling and the traffic on hwy. 95 is hardly heard. The whole world sounds hushed. . . Sometimes I'd like to really be snowed in for a few days but its almost impossible with the four wheel drives everybody has nowdays and the snow plows going through in the early mornings to pave the way for the school buses. Not that i long to be a pioneer or anything. . .



Comments

  1. Wow Sharon, Where did you find those beautiful photos? They almost make me like snow. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tablet came with some pics on it,i didnt have any of my own this year yet. . I love the bird one,wish we had birds like that out here.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The pros of owning a bulk food store!

  ...trying out a Himalayan Pink Salt block from a customer! "would I carry this, please"? (Do I crush it or just pass it around the table?) :) .....i take all the produce home that get bumped and briused. Onions get chopped and frozen, which I love having on hand ,just don't like too many at a time! ....grabbing baking stuff off the shelves,including many items I normally wouldn't get, like mini m&m bits! Funny tho', my spices containers are emptier than ever, I forget to pick them up 'cause I don't have a grocery list anymore! ....farm fresh eggs from local farmers! ....i get to test out the latest kitchen gadgets,including the broken stuff! ....meat and cheese ends from the deli, they make wonderful snacks when having  friends over!

Kitchen Remodel...

This was the beginning of a terrible messy job of remodeling our kitchen. Norv and John Schlabach did the work of ripping off the ceiling and putting a new one on, insulating the new part (Samantha did that, crawling around up there) and then installing new cabinets. But before that could be done , they had to move the window, put drywall mud on the walls to cover up and blend together all the different wall coverings, rip out old cupboards, move the water lines for the dishwasher and new sink.... and this was all done in 5 days! This was open to the outside for a few days, so we stayed at Norv's folks while this was being done... see the original trailer roof shape? Here is the finished product! I got my curtains hung and the only thing missing is the microwave hood that may never be! I'd like to actually put a shelf in it's place. Looking toward the living room from the island...I love my shelf that just happened to appear after the ceiling got ripped off, the end

I’m Back!

 I’ve been thinking the last few weeks of this poor forsaken blog, so I looked up the other day and it was actually 2012 that I quit. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since then and our family has grown and there’s been lots of changes and a wedding and a daughter-in-law and grandbaby coming and now we’re having another wedding In a few weeks! Wow , you never know what will happen in six more years! I thought about trying to catch up over our lives the last few years, but most of you already know What all we’ve been up to so I’m not gonna try! I’m just going to start where we are now! This is going to be a year to remember for sure! 2018, Who would’ve thought, that we would be facing cancer, looking forward to being grandparents, having a 19-year-old daughter getting married, another daughter dating!  It’s almost mind-boggling, but I am reminded  that when I started this blog and I was a busy younger mother with six little kids, that I literally took one day at a time and