Skip to main content

I’m Back!

 I’ve been thinking the last few weeks of this poor forsaken blog, so I looked up the other day and it was actually 2012 that I quit. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since then and our family has grown and there’s been lots of changes and a wedding and a daughter-in-law and grandbaby coming and now we’re having another wedding In a few weeks! Wow , you never know what will happen in six more years!

I thought about trying to catch up over our lives the last few years, but most of you already know What all we’ve been up to so I’m not gonna try! I’m just going to start where we are now!

This is going to be a year to remember for sure! 2018, Who would’ve thought, that we would be facing cancer, looking forward to being grandparents, having a 19-year-old daughter getting married, another daughter dating!  It’s almost mind-boggling, but I am reminded  that when I started this blog and I was a busy younger mother with six little kids, that I literally took one day at a time and didn’t plan very far ahead, because of running the store so much and having moved into a dumpy little trailer that needed lots of work, it was easier for me to literally look one day at a time and see what I got done that day, and then take the next day and do the same. It wasn’t a very fun way of looking at life or even living life that way, but that is how I coped with the busy-ness of family .

I remembered yesterday ,on the way back from the doctor, the name of this blog or rather the title of this blog and I told Norv about it and we both just laughed, because ,what a coincidence , that this  is our motto for today now as we face this battle called cancer.

But God has been so good to us, from the very beginning after discovering I had cancer, from having our bills paid by Medicaid Of Idaho, thanks to a law that Bill Clinton put in effect when he was president, To my brother and his wife are moving out at just the right time and helping us run the store in fruit stand for the summer, their kids worked there this summer, one of my good friends that used to live in Bonners, I discovered has the same breast cancer as I do and she is just finishing her treatments just as I am starting mine so she has been a huge help and information for me. Norv  also has a doctor friend ,that he build a house for in Missouri , he contacted him and answered lots of cancer questions ,to oncologists stopping by the bakery and answering more of our questions! It’s amazing how God brings people into our lives at just the right time!

 My mom and dad were out in August for about 2 1/2 weeks and helped out at the store & fruit stand and just hung out with us here. They had driven out in their little motorhome and on the way home everywhere they stopped , my mom gets in conversations that most people don’t get into, and she would tell them where they were for the summer and then they would tell what they were doing and then they would mention me and tell them  what I was facing and almost everyone said that they would pray for me. She also goes to a few different doctors and in the course of conversation, somehow in talking about kids or grandkids , she mentions me and what I am facing and again they say they will pray for me. So I have people all over the United States praying for me , thanks to my mother ! 💕 And if you think about her , you can also pray for her , she lives with a lot of pain and bad knees and a bad hip but she gets up every morning and thanks the Lord that she is able to get up! She spends her days doing what she can around the house then the evenings she goes and spends the night with an older lady that refuses to go to a nursing home, she gets paid to sleep there and gets up and gets her breakfast and feeds her pills. She does that a few nights a week, and looks out for a few other ladies throughout the week too. She’ll take them out to eat and just generally check up on them .She has always had a caring heart for people.

So here I am today, I have had my third chemo, I am bald thanks to it, But I know the chemo is working so I can’t complain too much. I have a wig to wear on Sundays and whenever I want to, and I have lots of cute little scarves to wear that I get tired of wearing, I never did like hats and I never did like my ears covered! 

But our life goes on and our kids keep growing up and my first  grandbaby is about to be born in six weeks, I had a dream that it was a boy and it looked just like Cody so we will see if my dreams come true.  We have had the chance to go camping in the last few weeks before it gets too cold to do so, that is always a highlight for me, it’s a lot of work and a lot of dirt but there’s something about being out there in nature and the quietness of it and the beauty that is peace in the soul . We camp  pretty rustic, we had an old futon mattress that I took along and put my memory foam on top of it and we slept pretty good. The kids all take hammocks or sleep in the back of the truck. How easy is that, wecook over the fire pretty simply even though I always seem to run out of food, camping makes you hungry!


We have enjoyed getting to know these girls boyfriends throughout the summer, and having some adventures with them, we’ve had picnics and lots of Lake times and even went boating down on Lake
 Pend Oreille when both boyfriends were here one weekend. Kate discovered that their wedding day October 6, is the day that she left Greece, Last year after meeting the man of her dreams over there! David, Sam’s boyfriend, and Paul ,Kates boyfriend, actually both lived in Colorado and went to the same church years ago, so these guys knew each other and actually went to Greece with Kate too! And of course we played the Mennonite game and discovered that David’s aunt is married to Norv’s first cousin, Curt, So of course then that makes them practically related so we had to check that out in my Kauffman book, but they aren’t! Ha !




Here is the almost married couple!

And this is Sam’s heartthrob 



It’s been fun all summer long, to have something to look forward to on the weekends with all these boyfriends coming by ,
then my mom and dad coming, then Kate’s wedding ,
next is the grandbaby, after that who knows!

-end of first update










Comments

  1. I am so glad to see a post here. I care deeply about ladies with breast cancer. But I am afraid I am not the one others want to hear from. I will be a cheerleader for you. Why you may not want to hear from me, and why I will cheer others on is this... Our 24 yr old daughter, who was single and at home, knew she had breast cancer for 2 months, it was stage 4, already metastasized and in very intense pain. She was in glory 63 days after finding out.so I cheer others now! I hope you can be a survivor and have more time here with the exciting things that are going on in your family!! Our daughter attended MBS with your son in law to be.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im sorry to hear that! What a tough thing for a mother to go thru, I’m sure for your daughter as well. It definitely is something that stops you in your tracks, and makes you thank the Lord for every day you have here on earth.

      Delete
  2. I said I was glad... Not that I'm glad you have cancer, I'm glad for the fact I had heard you have it, and am interested and will check here to see how you are doing.
    Diane again

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The pros of owning a bulk food store!

  ...trying out a Himalayan Pink Salt block from a customer! "would I carry this, please"? (Do I crush it or just pass it around the table?) :) .....i take all the produce home that get bumped and briused. Onions get chopped and frozen, which I love having on hand ,just don't like too many at a time! ....grabbing baking stuff off the shelves,including many items I normally wouldn't get, like mini m&m bits! Funny tho', my spices containers are emptier than ever, I forget to pick them up 'cause I don't have a grocery list anymore! ....farm fresh eggs from local farmers! ....i get to test out the latest kitchen gadgets,including the broken stuff! ....meat and cheese ends from the deli, they make wonderful snacks when having  friends over!

Kitchen Remodel...

This was the beginning of a terrible messy job of remodeling our kitchen. Norv and John Schlabach did the work of ripping off the ceiling and putting a new one on, insulating the new part (Samantha did that, crawling around up there) and then installing new cabinets. But before that could be done , they had to move the window, put drywall mud on the walls to cover up and blend together all the different wall coverings, rip out old cupboards, move the water lines for the dishwasher and new sink.... and this was all done in 5 days! This was open to the outside for a few days, so we stayed at Norv's folks while this was being done... see the original trailer roof shape? Here is the finished product! I got my curtains hung and the only thing missing is the microwave hood that may never be! I'd like to actually put a shelf in it's place. Looking toward the living room from the island...I love my shelf that just happened to appear after the ceiling got ripped off, the end