Skip to main content

...another week gone!!!


Whew...where does the time go? It's almost the end of April and school's coming to a fast end! We'll be happy for that. Even tho' its been a good year, the warm weather always gets the kids restless and harder to get out the door in the mornings, esp. with a four-wheeler sittin' by the front door , ready to ride! Yes, we splurged and bought a used one from Jevon, its faded and old but its a FOUR WHEELER! Now choring it such a pleasure, you know our lane is so long......... We teased Cody if he'd walk any slower he'd fall over as he ambled up the lane, to and from feeding animals.

Now that spring is finally here and it's time to think gardening, i'm itching to get started on fixing up our greenhouse that the neighbors had, and did'nt want anymore. (it caved in due to snow) It'll take some fixing up , the pipes bent, so Norv will have to take a torch to it.
...And with our deer problem, we'll have to fence our garden. I want to cover it somehow, either with vining plants or planting cucumbers or sunflowers or SOMETHING to hide that fence! My to do list is long, real long.... Now to rope my big strapping son into helping me...

This spring has been diff. for me with Julianna at school, i miss her 500 questions
a day, and her help entertaining Ellie. So for three days a week she's at school, she enjoys it immensely, and her favorite thing is words.. she's reading a book from the church library right now for 1st graders, she's getting most of the words sounded out!

Looks like another busy week at the store, we get an order tomorrow nite, another one on thurs. or friday, so that means lots of packaging and sorting out to do. We've got a girl coming in just for packaging, so that helps us out a lot. Norv has got the packaging room all fixed up nice with heavy duty shelving that we can put our bulk bags on right away, and with a bulk shelf out front, we can put a lot of stuff out there too! Our store is finally getting more organized, it was such a mess due to moving ONLY 5 or so times! We're done now! i think!

Have a good week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The pros of owning a bulk food store!

  ...trying out a Himalayan Pink Salt block from a customer! "would I carry this, please"? (Do I crush it or just pass it around the table?) :) .....i take all the produce home that get bumped and briused. Onions get chopped and frozen, which I love having on hand ,just don't like too many at a time! ....grabbing baking stuff off the shelves,including many items I normally wouldn't get, like mini m&m bits! Funny tho', my spices containers are emptier than ever, I forget to pick them up 'cause I don't have a grocery list anymore! ....farm fresh eggs from local farmers! ....i get to test out the latest kitchen gadgets,including the broken stuff! ....meat and cheese ends from the deli, they make wonderful snacks when having  friends over!

Kitchen Remodel...

This was the beginning of a terrible messy job of remodeling our kitchen. Norv and John Schlabach did the work of ripping off the ceiling and putting a new one on, insulating the new part (Samantha did that, crawling around up there) and then installing new cabinets. But before that could be done , they had to move the window, put drywall mud on the walls to cover up and blend together all the different wall coverings, rip out old cupboards, move the water lines for the dishwasher and new sink.... and this was all done in 5 days! This was open to the outside for a few days, so we stayed at Norv's folks while this was being done... see the original trailer roof shape? Here is the finished product! I got my curtains hung and the only thing missing is the microwave hood that may never be! I'd like to actually put a shelf in it's place. Looking toward the living room from the island...I love my shelf that just happened to appear after the ceiling got ripped off, the end

I’m Back!

 I’ve been thinking the last few weeks of this poor forsaken blog, so I looked up the other day and it was actually 2012 that I quit. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since then and our family has grown and there’s been lots of changes and a wedding and a daughter-in-law and grandbaby coming and now we’re having another wedding In a few weeks! Wow , you never know what will happen in six more years! I thought about trying to catch up over our lives the last few years, but most of you already know What all we’ve been up to so I’m not gonna try! I’m just going to start where we are now! This is going to be a year to remember for sure! 2018, Who would’ve thought, that we would be facing cancer, looking forward to being grandparents, having a 19-year-old daughter getting married, another daughter dating!  It’s almost mind-boggling, but I am reminded  that when I started this blog and I was a busy younger mother with six little kids, that I literally took one day at a time and