Skip to main content

Summertime Fun...reunion 2011

This summer started out with a bang..we headed to Indiana right after school was out and met my whole family there for two reunions with my amish relatives. Norv and the kids had never met them so it was high time to introduce them! Of course the highlight was spending Memorial Day @ my uncle Steve's house. He had a toy to make everybody happy!



It was so hot and muggy and the fields were so wet because of so much rain they'd been having . There was even a mini tornado went through the night before this picture was taken,we missed it . We were about an hour away at the time.
The whole Floyd Kauffman tribe....
This has been a favorite pastime for these two this year. They're trying to get Dusty trained for Samantha to be able to ride her. We seeded our pasture area this year, but as you can see it needs some help...Norv wants to plow it up and start over!

I'm missing this kid of mine. He left for boy's camp on Friday and right now his group is hiking in the Goat Mountains in Montana. They will be there all week and there is no way to get a hold of them....so i try not to think of the dangers that are out there in the woods...I know they are in good hands and there are many people praying for the boys every day.




Norv is gone too as Chief this year...this is the fourth year he's done it . He enjoys it very much but this year is tough on him. He has had some issues with his back and sciatica nerve, it has been hurting him this spring and definitely getting worse. I'm hoping he doesn't mess it up big time with hiking, carrying heavy packs...pray for him if you think of him,please! I help with
breakfast tomorrow morning for him and his group of guys. They hiked today and tonite is survival nite(the boys don't know till they get up there beside the lake) with no sleeping bags, food,etc. Let's hope the boys remembered what the chiefs told them the day before about stuff to take when you go on a hike! Some years they suspect something is going on and take extra food ,etc.

The girls and I are being lazy today....it's a warm day so i'm letting them hole up in here. When it cools down, i want to go biking with them, we got some of our bikes fixed, i just need a bike carrier yet for Ellie. It's gonna be huckleberry season soon i hope and i want to go picking this year. Last year i didn't get very many. This year it was so wet so they should be plentiful!


Signing off ...till I get in gear and post another bit of news! SharonPosted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Where have I been? I didn't know you posted! Loved reading your life. And seeing your pictures. I am way behind...I thought boys camp just started and here it's probably done! Hey, can I see some pics of when you were here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ijust saw it now too, Wonder where it was hiding. Please post about Cody's trip, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. kinda weird , i started this post a while ago and just finished it...but it used the date that it saved it on ..whatever...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I’m Back!

 I’ve been thinking the last few weeks of this poor forsaken blog, so I looked up the other day and it was actually 2012 that I quit. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since then and our family has grown and there’s been lots of changes and a wedding and a daughter-in-law and grandbaby coming and now we’re having another wedding In a few weeks! Wow , you never know what will happen in six more years! I thought about trying to catch up over our lives the last few years, but most of you already know What all we’ve been up to so I’m not gonna try! I’m just going to start where we are now! This is going to be a year to remember for sure! 2018, Who would’ve thought, that we would be facing cancer, looking forward to being grandparents, having a 19-year-old daughter getting married, another daughter dating!  It’s almost mind-boggling, but I am reminded  that when I started this blog and I was a busy younger mother with six little kids, that I literally took one day at a time and

Kitchen Remodel...

This was the beginning of a terrible messy job of remodeling our kitchen. Norv and John Schlabach did the work of ripping off the ceiling and putting a new one on, insulating the new part (Samantha did that, crawling around up there) and then installing new cabinets. But before that could be done , they had to move the window, put drywall mud on the walls to cover up and blend together all the different wall coverings, rip out old cupboards, move the water lines for the dishwasher and new sink.... and this was all done in 5 days! This was open to the outside for a few days, so we stayed at Norv's folks while this was being done... see the original trailer roof shape? Here is the finished product! I got my curtains hung and the only thing missing is the microwave hood that may never be! I'd like to actually put a shelf in it's place. Looking toward the living room from the island...I love my shelf that just happened to appear after the ceiling got ripped off, the end

The pros of owning a bulk food store!

  ...trying out a Himalayan Pink Salt block from a customer! "would I carry this, please"? (Do I crush it or just pass it around the table?) :) .....i take all the produce home that get bumped and briused. Onions get chopped and frozen, which I love having on hand ,just don't like too many at a time! ....grabbing baking stuff off the shelves,including many items I normally wouldn't get, like mini m&m bits! Funny tho', my spices containers are emptier than ever, I forget to pick them up 'cause I don't have a grocery list anymore! ....farm fresh eggs from local farmers! ....i get to test out the latest kitchen gadgets,including the broken stuff! ....meat and cheese ends from the deli, they make wonderful snacks when having  friends over!