Skip to main content

Sweet springtime!


My birthday breakfast -in -bed...thanks to my girls!
  It's been a long time comin'...but its here! Today was such a beautiful day but windy and a little cool. We had a picnic planned down at the Twin Rivers ,but since it would be rather chilly down there, we went to Phil and Jenn's house instead to help do some planning for girls camp.
   This summer is starting to fill up and look really busy, and it's barely here! From around the middle of July to the middle of August, life in Idaho is too hectic! Our church is involved in men's retreat, boy's camp and girl's camp, and to top it off, a wedding all squeezed in those for short weeks. And those are the best months to go camping or driving in the mountains.
We have been working outside as much as we can,we've had a lot of rain which makes for nice green lawns to mow. Cody keeps busy with our lawn at home and mowing at the store. He's been helping me rescue some flowering crab trees that a nursery had dug out and left to burn later. Alot of nurseries are doing that these last few years because of not being able sell em, and they get too big to sell. We hauled five big ones home with the skid steer ,truck and trailer, and got them planted along the lane and out by the entry way to our place. We had to push down the old archway because of rotten logs, hopefully replacing them later on.
I'm hoping to get in the garden to do some more planting this week. I did some of the early stuff, but got rained out before I could do more. I started some tomatoes and peppers inside for my garden  and i'm gonna haul them to the store to put in the greenhouse there, till I can plant them. I have a lady that sells her stuff there till June or when ever she's sold out.


Planting my rescued trees
Moving the new greenhouse to the front at the store
Hopefully this greenhouse comes home with me this summer when we are done with it at the store!
Delicious birthday lunch at the Wildlife Refuge
My sweet mother in law make a delicious picnic lunch for my birthday and we met them down at the picnic area at the wild life refuge. We went for a bike ride all 6 miles around it! It was one of our first really nice days we've had this spring!
First signs of spring: my flowering plum trees, and the start of GREEN in the pasture!



School is almost out, our picnic is on the 19th!  We can't wait! Then the Skrivseths are coming for a reunion the following weekend , so we will not relax till the next week. We are all camping at  our church camground, so it's local and nice and private and lots of room to run for the kids!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The pros of owning a bulk food store!

  ...trying out a Himalayan Pink Salt block from a customer! "would I carry this, please"? (Do I crush it or just pass it around the table?) :) .....i take all the produce home that get bumped and briused. Onions get chopped and frozen, which I love having on hand ,just don't like too many at a time! ....grabbing baking stuff off the shelves,including many items I normally wouldn't get, like mini m&m bits! Funny tho', my spices containers are emptier than ever, I forget to pick them up 'cause I don't have a grocery list anymore! ....farm fresh eggs from local farmers! ....i get to test out the latest kitchen gadgets,including the broken stuff! ....meat and cheese ends from the deli, they make wonderful snacks when having  friends over!

I’m Back!

 I’ve been thinking the last few weeks of this poor forsaken blog, so I looked up the other day and it was actually 2012 that I quit. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since then and our family has grown and there’s been lots of changes and a wedding and a daughter-in-law and grandbaby coming and now we’re having another wedding In a few weeks! Wow , you never know what will happen in six more years! I thought about trying to catch up over our lives the last few years, but most of you already know What all we’ve been up to so I’m not gonna try! I’m just going to start where we are now! This is going to be a year to remember for sure! 2018, Who would’ve thought, that we would be facing cancer, looking forward to being grandparents, having a 19-year-old daughter getting married, another daughter dating!  It’s almost mind-boggling, but I am reminded  that when I started this blog and I was a busy younger mother with six little kids, that I literally took one day at a time and

More random pics

I sure hope you don't get tired of my blogs full of pictures, 'cause they say more than a thousand words could...I'm not a fast typer either ... We had a late Birthday Party for Mom Skrivseth outside on my feeble looking lawn, the day was so nice and i didn't have shade on any other part of my lawn (the part that is flat) :) Hopefully by next spring we'll have improved the front lawn. We have to shore up, where we park, with big rocks and then we'll fill in the lawn too! I'd like to kidnap this baby, isn't she the sweetest thing? April , if you ever need a babysitter for your girls....you know where to go.. ...good ole' fattening food! Ellie loves her pink boots Judy gave her for here b-day! Samantha and sidekick Stephanie @ the church campout... this got in by mistake and i couldn't delete it... Ellie looks very triumphant about something, Jesse was very meekly letting her play, he is 10 days older but she is def. bossier..... This